Tag Archives: Government Law Jobs

Why Government Attorney Jobs Are First Choice Jobs For Grads?


The reason why Government attorney jobs and Government lawyer jobs are so coveted can be categorized in two segments: The quality of the jobs and the rewards they bring. Government employment means that you will be entrusted with challenging work practically from the first day itself, making the work extremely challenging and providing a chance to evolve and learn very early in your career. Moreover, federal employment provides a chance to serve the citizens of the country, especially those, who find it hard to afford private lawyers and attorneys. Add to this Government law jobs are amongst the highest paying jobs in the country and the employed can, apart from the excellent remuneration, get generous benefits, flexible working hours that allow you to balance work and home life much better than if you were working for a private corporate company or a law firm. Benefits include health insurance, retirement packages and vacations. Flexible work schedules means working from home; saving you time in commuting and federal holidays which coupled with other generous holidays and sick leaves ensures that you get loads of time and opportunity to spend with friends and family. And, finally one of the biggest reasons why federal employment is so coveted is that it has the element of security. Even in the worst of economic times, when privately employed lawyers fear the pink slip, federal employees are relatively safe. Government law jobs are available across the country and there is a strong likelihood of finding a job in the location of your choice.  Only 16 percent of all federal law employment is specific to the Capital, the remaining 84 percent are scattered across the country. Chances of being posted abroad are also very high and a large number of federal law employees work outside the country. Government attorney jobs form a union of convenience between your area of expertise, your interest and your talents. So if mathematics interests you, you can look for a job as a legal accountant or for a job in aeronautical industry.  If environment is your concern than opt for the environment department and similarly if you want to ensure that the poor and needy section of the society get appropriate medical treatment, than Healthcare is the place for you. Times are changing and every day brings something new. The reason why legal jobs are so hard to get these days is because of the advance of modern technology. It pays to stay abreast of latest developments and federal employment provides ample opportunities for professional development and continuing education to enhance existing skills. The BCG Attorney Search website is a great resource for searching for and finding federal employment. Apart from telling you where the jobs are the site will also enlighten you about the right way of applying for the jobs and the mistakes that you may make and how you can avoid them.